Sep 27, 2010

Spanish Verbs

If you're interested in learning Spanish verbs, then you're probably on the right track to learning Spanish. I suggest you get some vocabulary before jumping into grammar. There are many Spanish grammar books out there, but it's very important you know enough vocabulary before going into verbs - you need to know who does the action and you should have a complement to the verb you are using.


Learning Spanish verbs isn't that hard. You should memorize the basic rules, and then practice them. Practice makes perfect. However, like I have already mentioned, you should gain some knowledge of the most used verbs and what they mean - get to know some verbs and their meanings.


Once you practice the basic verbs in the tense you are studying, you should move on onto irregular verbs that are also quite common in Spanish. They aren't much harder however and can be learned pretty quickly. Spanish verbs aren't that hard to acquire, but they do require practice and work so you can know your verbs on the tip of your fingers.


Another way of learning Spanish verbs is to simply train your ear - I'll give you an example of this. If you ask a five year old to conjugate a verb in the first person in any given tense, the five year old will probably look at you very weirdly. However, if you speak to the child for some time you'll realize that he or she always says he sat and not he sats.


Why? Simply because the child has been listening and speaking english for quite a long time, and now has a trained ear which automatically detects which conjugation is correct and which one is not. This is a good way of learning, however you should still know Spanish verb conjugation rules very well.


Once you know the rules and you have practiced yourself a little, you can then go out and listen to the language to train your ear. This way you'll insure you'll always say verbs the right way.


When I first started learning Spanish, I did my homework and I looked around for Spanish courses. The one that I found and that I thought would be right for me is called Rocket Spanish, and thanks to it I can speak very fluent Spanish today.


If you would like to listen to my experience with Rocket Spanish and get my tips and tricks for learning Spanish, please visit my website. The great thing about Rocket Spanish is that it is mostly an Audio course which also helps to train your ear.


If you want to hear my story on learning Spanish with Rocket Spanish, simply go to My Rocket Spanish Review.

Related Posts with Thumbnails