Sep 23, 2010

How To Brush Up On Your Spanish Skills After A Lapse

I was recently fortunate enough to score a killer round-trip deal (hotel included) to Puerto Rico over the long Labor Day weekend ( ), so I’ll be spending 4 days and 4 nights on the island.  Unfortunately, I haven’t really spoken much Spanish since my cruise to Mexico back in January.  Simply put, I’m rusty.  Believe me, it is extremely difficult to maintain foreign language skills when you’re constantly busy.


In order to brush up on my Spanish skills and get prepared to hit the ground running when I land in San Juan a month from now, I’m spending about an hour per day studying the language. Since I already know the language and am only brushing up, I can afford to focus my efforts only on the areas I’m most lacking in.  Here’s what I’m doing.


How do you brush up on your Spanish skills after a long period of not using them?  Is there anything I’ve missed?


View the original article here

Related Posts with Thumbnails